Present: Cllrs L Bennett (Chair), P Clark, D Coffin, I Houston (Vice Chair), T Hunt, S Longdon and J Thomas.
In Attendance: T Chapman (Parish Clerk)
- Welcome and to receive apologies for absence
- Community Land Trust Update
Cllr T Hunt reported they have registered with financial authorities but have not been able to hold meetings, no progress to report at this time.
Cllr P Clark spoke to Mr G Wordsworth (Savills) concerning the leases the Parish Council is waiting for. Mr Wordsworth will contact his solicitor again about this matter. It was resolved the Parish Council should proceed with the understanding there is an agreed verbal contract.
- War Memorial: Missing Names and Memorial Bench(es) Updates
The Clerk has not had contact or received the photos from Mr P Louth (stonemason) with the final version. The Clerk will follow-up. Action: Clerk
Cllr L Bennett asked if the plaques only included men in memoriam and served in WWI. Cllr T Hunt will check with R Hann to ask the question. Action: Cllr T Hunt
The Clerk reported Admiral Tavern has provided their permission for the John Gillham seat that will mirror image Eric Garretts seat to move forward. The Clerk spoke to Mr A Fall who suggested he will put a working group together and keep the Parish Council informed of progress. The Cllrs were happy with this arrangement and proposed the PC will donate an equal amount to the John Gillham seat as is put toward the Derek Hayward memorial bench in the playing field.
From the examples provided by the Clerk to the family of Mr Derek Hayward their preference is a 3 seater teak memorial bench (Great Maytham) costing approximately £450.00. The Clerk will contact M Hopkins to discuss an estimate for a plinth to secure the bench. It was also resolved to have the engraving in the wood, rather than a brass plaque. Action: Clerk
Cllr D Coffin asked if the school would like the painted pebbles that are currently at the War Memorial returned. The Clerk will contact the school. Action: Clerk
It was unanimously agreed, in principle, to donate the sum £250.00 to each memorial bench/seat. The Clerk will contact Mr A Fall and Mrs J Hayward. Action: Clerk
- To receive a Village Plan update
Cllr T Hunt reported he made some minor alterations to the stats and the next step is for the working group to meet and report back to the next Parish Council Meeting. Cllr T Hunt will organize. Action: Cllr T Hunt
- To discuss the Website updates
Cllr I Houston changed the look of the website; all agreed it is very good and easy to use. He suggested the Cllrs provide some community interest articles (with photographs) for the website to communicate what the Parish Council is currently working on. Action: All Cllrs
It was discussed it would be a good idea to get a debit card with the new account for the monthly costs incurred from LCN (website) as a preloaded credit card incurs monthly fees. At the moment Cllr I Houston is paying for it monthly and the Parish Council reimburses him. This cannot be implemented at the moment due to staff shortages at Lloyds during COVID.
- To discuss the Climate Change Emergency Suggestions Working Group
The Clerk will put an item in the Pennant asking for residents to join the working group. The Clerk will contact the Gryphon 6th Form, Cllr J Thomas will ask the deputy head if either school would be interested in joining the working group. Action: Clerk & Cllr J Thomas
- To discuss any highways issues
The Clerk reported the missing sign at the junction of Back Lane/ Old Compton Road.
The Clerk received an email from Mr P Thatcher, DC Highways, concerning the new sign that will be erected near Compton Road noting the weight restriction as requested by the Yeohead Castleton Parish Council.
Cllr D Coffin reported the cars that were parked and blocking Underdown, at the top of the hollow, to PCSO M Jones.
- To review the playing field inspection reports
Cllr I Houston reported the toddler multiunit is showing signs of rot, and stones are appearing at the ground of the new seesaw and whizzer. The Clerk noted at a previous meeting it was resolved to add the required amount of grassmats for the seesaw and whizzer to the zip wire order. Cllr I Houston kindly volunteered to measure how many are needed if the Clerk provides the dimensions of each grassmat. Action: Cllr I Houston & Clerk
The Clerk will email the annual report around again to the Councillors for their review for the playing field working group meeting. Action: Clerk
Cllr I Houston suggested we use the inspection checklist on the website for an audit trail.
The Clerk noted she was approached at the playing fields suggesting it could use new/proper goal posts. It was suggested the Clerk will investigate the goal posts they would like to see in the playing fields and possible grants available for the next meeting. Action: Clerk
- Playing Field Reports and Updates
- To consider the update of the Bradford Abbas Parish Council standing orders and working group terms
Prior to the meeting the Clerk emailed the NALC template from 2018 for review. The model covers a lot more than the current standing orders. Cllr T Hunt moved to accept the NALC model; all Cllrs agreed.
The Clerk will ensure they cover extraordinary circumstances the Parish Council could hold virtual meetings, aside from the current situation. Action: Clerk
- Financial Accounts
- To consider any grants or donations
The Clerk received a request from the Church for a donation toward the upkeep of the churchyard. It was agreed to donate £500.
The Clerk noted at the last meeting the payments were approved but the refurbishment of the telephone box expenses submitted for payment yesterday came in under budget at £547.90. Approved for payment.
- To approve the fixed assets register for 2019 – 2020
No changes from the previous year, all agreed to keep the register as is.
- To approve section 1 of the Annual return 2019 – 2020
Cllr T Hunt moved to accept the section 1 and section 2, All Cllrs agreed.
- To approve section 2 of the Annual return 2019 – 2020
- To consider any grants or donations
- Correspondences received
All correspondences were discussed during the meeting.
- Items for the Pennant
Recruit climate change working group, list of Councillors (full council) and thank R Down and T White.
- Any other Information / Date of the Next Meeting
Cllr D Coffin will take over as Tree Officer in September, Cllr L Bennett will carry on until then.
Cllr T Hunt noted any land that is privately owned but has ROW access is referred to as private land in the public domain.
It was resolved due to move the September meeting from the 1st to the 8th as there is a possibility the quorum will not be met. The location will be determined nearer the time.
Meeting closed 9:10pm