Bradford Abbas Parish Council contributed to the initial two meetings of Dorset CAN (Dorset Climate Action Network).
On our website here, we have the following documents submitted by Dorset CAN:
- Detailed Response submitted to Dorset Council's Climate and Ecological Emergency Strategy which is quite long but well worth a read
- Supporting Letter from Scientists Warning Europe
- Letter to Senior Officers of Dorset Council
This is from Dorset CAN:
“We send you the final version of the Dorset CAN Response to the Dorset Council's Climate and Ecological Emergency Strategy, together with a supporting letter from Scientists Warning Europe (see attached).
Warm thanks for the inputs and comments that so many of you sent to the editors or contributed at our Zoom meetings.
What we have done:
- We have sent copies of this response to the Leader of the Council, Councillor Spencer Flower and the two Councillors - Ray Bryan and Nocturin Lacey-Clark - who have leading responsibility for the Strategy. We have asked them for a meeting at senior level, to discuss how to move urgently towards net zero carbon emissions and wide ecological recovery by 2030.
- We have copied this message to senior officers of the Council
- We have sent the Response to all the Councillors of Dorset Council, telling them of our request for a high-level meeting and pointing out the high potential for local action to tackle this great challenge of climate change and ecological emergency. (see attached)
- We have sent out a Press Release (see attached)
How can you help Dorset CAN?
- To circulate the Response within your own network.
- To write to you local Dorset Councillor, supporting the Response and asking them to press the Council to take actions towards the 2030 target and on the key ideas in the summary section of our Response.
- To consider the action that you and your organisation or network can take to realise the ambition set out in our Response .
As always please SHARE this email with all your contacts.
Let's grow the movement and get more people across Dorset working together.
& The Dorset CAN Team
Want Dorset to be carbon neutral by 2030?
Sign the petition: https://www.change.org/DC_CO2neutral_2030
If you would like to be added or deleted from this mailing list just let us know”